Who doesn’t love cheesecakes? The fluffiness and creaminess derived from it linger on in the taste buds hours after eating it. But what if we told you that no-bake versions of cheesecakes also exist!
That’s right! They are so easy to make, and you can indulge in the same rich, creamy texture without heat or using an oven for baking! However, there are various aspects to consider before getting your perfect no-bake cheesecake ready!
Wonder how to whip up an easy, hassle-free no-bake cheesecake? We give you a detailed guide on making the best no-bake cheesecake at home!
Read on to find out!
What is a no-bake cheesecake?
No oven, no baking, no heating! That is what we mean by a no-bake cheesecake! Sounds too good to be true, right?
The name itself is self-explanatory, and it tastes equally amazing just as a regular baked cake would!
With the right set of ingredients, you can whip up a delicious cake easily within a few hours! Many people prefer making no-bake cheesecakes for dinner and desserts because it’s relatively easy to whip up and tastes rich!
Dig further into the article to get started.
How to Make No-Bake Cheesecake?
For the Graham Crust:
- 20 graham crackers (approx)
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 10-15 tablespoons of unsalted melted butter
For the Cheesecake filling:
- 2 blocks of 8 oz. each of Philadelphia Cream cheese
- 8-10 tablespoons of granulated sugar or 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lemon juice (optional)
Steps to make Graham Crust:
You can either get a ready graham cracker crust from a local store or bakery or make one yourself at home!. Since we decided to show you how to make a no-bake cheesecake from scratch, here are a few simple steps to make your graham crust:
- Take Graham Cracker crumbs along with granulated sugar in a bowl. Pour some melted butter into the bowl and mix well. The butter combines the graham cracker and granulated sugar and ensures that the crust remains firm. Make sure that the graham crackers are moistened adequately with butter.
- Put this mixture into a flat baking pan that is greased, and press it firmly using your hands. Else, you can also use the back portion of a spoon or a measuring cup to press it firmly! The pressing has to be very hard and tight to ensure that the crust sticks together. Press it against the walls of the tin as well.
- Once done, you can put the crust into the freezer for several hours. The butter needs to become hard enough to hold the crust together. Remove it once frozen and use it as a perfect base for your no-bake cheesecake!
Pro Tip: You can use a springform pan for ease of removing the crust. Make sure to lubricate the pan well before pressing the graham crust mixture against it!
Steps to making Cheesecake
- Take a bowl and add a generous amount of cream cheese. We recommend you use the Philadelphia cream cheese over any other form of cheese. Add 8-10 tablespoons of granulated sugar with the cream cheese. You can also use condensed milk instead of sugar.
- Beat the sugar and cream cheese together for a long while. Beat them up well until solid peaks start forming. Add vanilla extract and a few drops of lemon juice to it for a sweet-sour flavor.
- After everything has mixed well, spread this cream cheese mixture onto the graham crust. Spread the layer evenly for a rich, creamy experience.
- Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate it for 4 hours. Overnight chilling is the best!
Serving suggestions for Cheesecake
- If you see the crust sticking around the corners, run a knife through the edges and separate the cake gently from the pan. Loosen it gently.
- Remove the cake to a flat surface. Use a sharp knife to cut a thin slice. It is usually suggested to serve small slices because the cake is too rich and the flavor is too intense!
- You can garnish it with fruits on the platter and enjoy!
- You could also add some strawberry or mango or raspberry syrup, any fruit flavor you like for appealing looks, and a hint of flavor.
Mistakes to avoid while making no-bake cheesecake.
Not everyone can bake a perfect cheesecake right in the beginning! However, you can minimize your chances of spoiling the cake by following a few not-to-do tips below!!
Do Not Bake the Crust
Baking the graham crust is not recommended at all. Since the ratio of butter to crust is exceptionally high, the crust may become soggy if you bake it! Moreover, the filling will start getting absorbed into the crust, which will ruin the essence of the cake altogether.
Instead: Make sure to refrigerate the crust to ensure that the butter cools well and hardens the crust properly. This will help to hold the cake firmly and not allow it to crumble.
Mix the filling for a long time
Mixing the cream cheese for a long time will not make the cream soft! The method of mixing also matters.
Use a hand blender or mix manually to form soft peaks and emulsions created by the cream cheese. This ensures a smooth texture of the filling on top! Please do not use a mixer grinder or processor to mix it.
Using cold cream cheese
If you have stored the cream cheese in the refrigerator, keep it at room temperature before beating it! Cold cream cheese makes the cake too soft and soggy, which is undesirable. It also does not form proper lumps.
Chilling for a short time
Be extremely generous on the chilling! Do not rush the chill! If you are getting the cheesecake set for dinner, make sure to chill it for at least 4 hours. Overnight chilling is the best bet! You can also freeze it but make sure to thaw it in the refrigerator at least for 30 mins before serving.
To identify how long the cheesecake has chilled, the cream layer on the top should be hard and shiny. That is when your cheesecake is perfectly hard to enjoy!
Can I freeze no-bake cheesecake?
Yes! If you want to store leftovers or even rush the chill, you can freeze them. However, make sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before serving! Cheesecake can be stored in a plastic or tin foil in the freezer for a good 3-4 months!!
Can I heat no-bake cheesecake?
No! Heating will make the crust soggy and spoil the texture of the cheesecake! The filling will start oozing into the crust, and the cake will turn up soft and not sturdy as desired!
Can I add flavors to my no-bake cheesecake?
Sure! While whisking the cream cheese, you can add various fruity or chocolate flavors
to your cheesecake! This will change the color of the cream but enhances the taste to your liking!
What happens if my no-bake cheesecake does not set?
If you want to fix your cheesecake and ensure that the cake remains harder, you can add gelatin as an excellent thickening agent. That way, your cake can remain set for a long time, even if kept at room temperature for a while!
No-bake cheesecakes are a delight to eat and very easy to make! However, there are various aspects to consider before getting it right!
Right from the correct set of ingredients to the process of beating and whipping the cream and making the crust, we have it all covered!
We have also listed the things you should avoid doing while making a no-bake cheesecake to avoid errors! Please read our article above and tell us how your no-bake cheesecake turned out through the comments section below!